Looking for Housing? These Resources Will Help!
What to Know Before You Start
- Fall Housing Timeline
- Housing Options PowerPoint (How to find and choose the best housing for you)
- Leases are binding legal contracts
A licensed attorney is available through the Student Legal Clinic to review your lease with you and answer any questions you may have. Call (828) 262-8284 for an appointment.
- Questions to ask (and answer) when deciding where to live
- Local Rental Companies (ASU does not screen or endorse any particular rental company. We provide this comprehensive list of local companies only as a convenience to students, not as a recommendation or endorsement.)
- Off Campus Housing Searchable Database
- Craig's List (Boone)
- Local Newspaper Classified Ads
- The Appalachian Scene Marketplace
- Local Realtors
- AppalCART Routes (the local bus system)
- Map of Boone (interactive)
- Campus Maps and Driving Directions
Once you move in
QUESTIONS? For more information about on-campus housing, contact University Housing at 828-262-6111 or visit housing.appstate.edu. For more information about off-campus housing resources, contact the Office of Off-Campus Community Relations at 828-262-8284.
*DISCLAIMER: Appalachian State University offers this site as a convenience to the University community. With the exception of University Highlands, the University does not manage or own any of the properties listed here. The University has made no independent investigation of, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the suitability, fitness, condition or safety of the properties listed on this site or the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. The University does not recommend or endorse any of the properties or companies listed on this site. It is the sole responsibility of the students or other users of this site to check out the properties and/or landlords listed. The University is not responsible for any liability or damage arising from the use of information on this site.
The Off-Campus Community Relations Office is a partner program of the Student Legal Clinic.
Off Campus Housing and Roommate Search
The University provides a searchable database of available rental properties, which includes listings by rental companies and posts by students who are looking to sublet or need a roommate. Click here to visit the Off-Campus Housing Database.