Read the lease before you sign
- A lease is a binding contract that usually lasts for a full year.
- There is no guaranteed way to “break” a lease without financial risk.
- Be aware of fees (in addition to rent and security deposit) being charged by the landlord.
- Know the landlord’s rules and regulations.
- Don’t rely on oral statements from the landlord that are not included in the written lease.
- An informed consumer is a happy tenant
- Read and understand your lease before you commit
If you need help, please contact the Student Legal Clinic:
Off Campus Housing and Roommate Search
The University provides a searchable database of available rental properties, which includes listings by rental companies and posts by students who are looking to sublet or need a roommate. Click here to visit the Off-Campus Housing Database.